Oceanic BioCube 8 gallon nano

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
This is my birthday gift from my BF. I moved the contents of my 5.5 gallon nano into the BioCube last night, which unfortunately took about 5 hours.:coffee:

The tank has PC lighting, one 18W 10k bulb, and one 18W actinic; plus, 2 built-in lunar lights. It's fan cooled, has external ballasts, and has separate switches for timers, which I plan to get soon. The build quality of the unit seems really nice IMO. Here are some pics:

Zoo's

Rhodactis

Leather

Full tank shots:

Both bulbs

Actinics

Lunar lighting

I'm excited to see how this will progress for me, although I'm holding off on new additions for a bit due to the move.;) The pics don't do it justice, especially the glow under the lunar lights!

What do you guys think, and any suggestions for future additions? I'd like to get a small fungia, a small bubble coral, and also a small toadstool. I also like frogspawn and candy cane coral and am considering those as well, but I'd love to hear suggestions for less common corals. Wish me luck!:headbang2:

Reddog80p

Permanently Dechlor'd
Nov 18, 2006
Sweet Sev!! Your making me want to venture into the darkside :eek3:

janewalsh11

AC Members
Jun 30, 2007
uk
Looks great Sev :)

FeatherDuster

AC Members
Mar 24, 2007
Very nice. Your mushrooms look great in there.

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
Here's an update, 6 days after the move. The leather looks a lot happier now- I've seen a lot of polyp extension lately.

I tested the water yesterday.
SG= 1.025
pH= 8.0
ammonia= 0
nitrite= 0
nitrate= 10

Right after I snapped that pic, I did a water change, as I am looking to keep nitrate under 10.;) I decided that the leather was too close to the top, so I moved it over a little bit. I'll post updated pics when the corals aren't so irritated about the water change, LOL.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store