Cleaner Wrasse Imitating clownfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
haha that is cute. Looks like the wrasse has the same amount of brain damage that it looks like clowns have :)

valentine

~go go Elektro~
Mar 4, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
that's an excited clownfish! mine bounces, but not that fast. the wrasse looks like its having fun, must be funny for the other fish :)

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Makes you wonder what goes through their minds!!!
In my head I was going in a sing songy voice "doo dee doo dee doooooooo" lol. Of course, that's what goes through my mind when I see any animal that looks like it's playing. I'm not normal though. I live by myself with 4 cats and multiple fish tanks and carry full conversations with all of them :headshake2:

strangerdejavu

AC Members
Sep 22, 2007
Grand Forks, ND
Makes you wonder what goes through their minds!!!
Not much!

An excerpt from a book I'm reading now, entitled "Probably More Than You Want To Know About The Fishes Of The Pacific Coast" by Milton Love (which I'm finding very humorous!):

How smart are fish?

Good question. Let's say you've got yourself, oh, 10,000 mice and you run them through all sorts of mouse exams. You put them in mazes, you give them little mouse IQ tests (complete with itsy-bitsy "Number 2 pencils"), you run them through the whole enchilada. And out of those 10,000 mice, you find the most stupid mouse, the one that can barely get out of its own way. That mouse, a mouse which probably still believes we can win a land war in Asia, that mouse is smarter than any fish that ever lived.

I know, I know, you are going to bring up "Old Mossback" or "Old Snagglejaw" or "Old Duck Slurper," the "smartest durn" catfish, kelp bass, steelhead or guppy you've ever heard of. Well, you are wrong. A fish's brain (and we're talking about a really big fish) is not much bigger than a walnut and most of it is used for interpreting sounds, smells, sights and tastes, not for thinking. What passes for smarts in "Old Squid Snarfer" is really a well-oiled set of instincts. They don't think; they just react in a way that impresses you.

I read that last night and got a good chuckle.

Cool video! I got a kick out of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store