Yellow Tang, Is this ICH? you tell me

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
So woke up this morning and my yellow tang has a uniformity of LITTLE. Spots all over him. Sounds like Ich but just want to make sure. Since i am at work i cant treat him Right this minute.

Also I added a Coral buety to my tank and i think the bully of a tang Hooked his Face cause now he has a little cut on his nose.... Poor guy. Its a gang initiation

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
So Anyone Even Care? about my Tang?? please answer

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
wow, have some patience. you're at work right now so you can't do anything anyways.

it could be ich, it might not be. Can't tell without pics and not all little dots are ich. my suggestion would be to remove from main tank into QT, acclimate to hyposalinity levels and leave the main tank fish free for 6-8 weeks. I'll become the preacher of QT after losing all of my fish due to not QT one fish out of the 6 that were in the tank.

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
I am I just wanted it Bumped up again. Since im at work and not really doing anthing i check this oard all the time...

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
After Reading that and looking at that blue tang I think i Have Ich.... !@#~@#$!@#$@ thats all i can say. i will now put my 10gal Fresh water on hold and make it a QT to treat

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Will all your fish fit into a 10 gallon for 6-8 weeks? You said you had a tang and cba, but didn't know if you had more. I'm pretty sure the aggression (if there is any as you said might be happening) would be multiplied in such small quarters with those 2.

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
Well, Mandi I think i will only treat the tang. Too many Fish in one area.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
the tang will just get it back considering the ich is IN the tank. To get rid of the ich in the tank, the tank needs to be fish free for the life cycle of the ich parasite. Read the link. It's your choice, but it's going to be a constant battle for ich if other fish don't die in the meantime.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
I believe i am right in saying that both your yellow AND blue tangs have Ich Chucke??

If that is the case, you do need to take measures and quarantine ALL fish in the tank, as the two fish that have this are potentially depositing ich cysts in the display tank which will stay there and re-infect the fish when you return them back to the tank..

Niko

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store