32 yrs old, new hobby

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

oilerfan25

AC Members
Jan 11, 2008
Hi there.

My brother-in-law thought it would be a nice idea to get my wife and I pet fish as Christmas gifts. So... we have 2 betta fish. We got them in the good-old cup.

I moved mine into a 5G tank this week and the other betta is in a 2.5-litre container that was laying around the house.

I signed up here to try to get some tips on making the best possible environment for these fish. It has already cost me over $80! It is fun though. The wife is moved away to do some more schooling so I have nothing but time to get into the hobby a bit.

I love the Edmonton Oilers, playing hockey, playing video games and just relaxing. Looking forward to spending some time on the forum.

:headbang2:

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
Welcome to AC

FtwayneFish

Pump Paintball!
Dec 7, 2007
Fort Wayne, IN
welcome to AC. I's search for betta care under google and you can get alot of you ?'s answered there. The tough ones are great for AC. remember to invest in a liquid test kit for about 20.00 online or 30.00 in you LFS (local fish store). I have my betta (master betta) lmao in a 2 gallon bowl and feed Hikari betta pellets (best) and some frozen every once and while. I also reccomed Prime by Seachem it works great.

one more peice of advice with small tanks. "the only sollution to pollution is dillution"

oilerfan25

AC Members
Jan 11, 2008
Thanks for the welcomes and thanks for the advice Ftwayne! :)

I picked up 25 5-in-1 test strips yesterday at petsmart for about $20. I won't be able to test the waters until after the weekend though!

Right now I am feeding my bettas freeze-dried bloodworms? It is the only thing that they seem to eat. I have 2 different types of flakes and some pellets also, but they just stare at that stuff.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store