teddy bear crab

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

saltydunc

AC Members
Apr 11, 2007
dundee scotland
ive had a teddy bear crab that hitched on a bit of live rock.....hes been in the tank from the start and never caused any problems.....its a cool looking crab with its red eyes and furry body.....have read a bit about these guys with some saying they are completly safe while others saying they kill fish and chomp on corals.....does anyone have any experiences with these guys??

ersico

AC Members
Oct 27, 2007
cayce, SC
i had one, loved that little guy, he seemed safe and didnt bother anything, fish,crabs, mushrooms, anything. i miss him :(

saltydunc

AC Members
Apr 11, 2007
dundee scotland
cheers for the replies....i think its a teddy bear its a cream colour and furry :).....it doesn't seem to bother anything....only showing its self from under its rock when i put food in....by the way its eyes are red.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
I had a gorilla, it came w/ the lr. I dont rem how it died, I think my carpet got it. The only thing it ever killed was my engineer goby, they both tried to burrow in the same hole, the crab won. Other than that. It did not bother anything else.

JohnLin

AC Members
Dec 1, 2007
Madison, WI
The way I look at all crabs is that they're great scavengers, they'd do anything to survive, so therefore, if not enough food is provided for them, they will provide food for themselves, at all cost...

ryankellie6655

Registered Member
Jan 30, 2008
Chicago
if you have the cream colored teddys, they are very docile, hide a lot and dont bother anything. i have seen a different crab called a teddy. they are brown in color and look very different. i think they are the bad ones. the little guys that i have are awesome!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store