my black shark keeps attackin my betta

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

call me elmo

AC Members
Jan 11, 2008
ok ... i broght these new fish for my new 30l tank today and i broght a black shark a betta and a kuli loach not sure how to spell that one.. and a bristel nose.. but the black shark keeps attacking my betta and restricting it to the top of the water is it gunna let up after a wile or is this shark a cranky little brat or is it just a new fish thing ?

:help:

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
:welcome: to AC!

Is this 30 liters or 30 gallons long? Both are still too small for a black shark. Black sharks can reach 24 inches and they are powerful aggressive species that should not be kept in a community tank.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
What size is your big tank? I find it impossible your fish is under an inch. Those can still grow and as I mentioned earlier, don't even mix it in a community tank. So your tank is in liters? That's actually too small for all those fish you bought except for the betta.

call me elmo

AC Members
Jan 11, 2008
lmao... they all get along happly and they have enough room from the looks of things its only the black shark thats the real problem

and the big tank its like 150-200 gallons probly more i dnt wanna work it out.. like 700 L maybe a little less but thats close enough

Lady Ns

Critter Crazy
Sep 27, 2007
Australia
Real Name
Phae
:welcome: to AC!

Is this 30 liters or 30 gallons long? Both are still too small for a black shark. Black sharks can reach 24 inches and they are powerful aggressive species that should not be kept in a community tank.

Black Sharks aren't all that aggressive, powerful yes, but they can be put into a tank with other fish, as I've seen them in with loaches and tetras at my lfs. But there are supposedly two different breeds of Black Shark, one of which is more aggressive and can develop gold on it's tail as it gets older and gets larger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store