Help my tank pleas !!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
hi my bubble tip needs help he is dieing i just tested my tank and her are the results

PH 8.6 ppm

nitrate 0 ppm

ammonia 0 ppm

nitrate 20 ppm

phosphate 0 ppm

calcium 420 ppm

and her are a few pics of my tank .. i have a 72 bow whit a protine skimer and a 404 fluve... and two powers heads ... if i need any think in my tank that i dont have just tell me cause i dont want my bubble tip 2 die on me :eek3::eek3:

bfgfg.jpg hghg.jpg 656.jpg adasd.jpg Picture 152.jpg Picture 213.jpg

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
What lighting is it under? how often and what do you feed? stocking list to see if any predators are in there? a closeup shot because I'm not sure I see it.

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
What lighting is it under? how often and what do you feed? stocking list to see if any predators are in there? a closeup shot because I'm not sure I see it.
1. two 20g lights that come when you buy a 20g tank and top. one bulbs is the stock light bulb and the outer is a reef light.

2. feed one time ever two days. and feed them blacks worms.

3. one maroon clowns, two nemo clowns, one black sand clown, hipo tang, yellow watchmen goby, and 20 hermit crab.

4. thes are the best picks I have of my tank of right now and my pumps. try to get more picks later

635y.jpg Picture 210.jpg

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
I definitely think you need better light. that could be the culprit, i'm guessing these are just fluorescent lighting, which certainly is not going to let an anemone thrive by any means. I really can't tell where it is, but if I had to guess, is it the white in the centerish off towards the left? If it is, it's extremely bleached which pretty much can point to your lighting

animalman

Love My Clowns
Oct 15, 2007
Massapequa, New York
I would also say you need some better lighting, maybe invest in some MH's. Coral needs alot of light and flo's don't cut the cake.

cullyisgully

salt water ffeen
Jan 24, 2007
Queens, New York
ok i have a 72 bow and what kind of light can i get.. just the bulb or do i have 2 go out and buy a new light and houseing.. i have pumps on the side of my tank so i would have 2 do any mod to it ... and how much does the new light cost.. and were can i get one

and my tank is 2 years old

all the help is needed:lipssealedsmilie:... and do i need more live rock

Morel

AC Members
Nov 29, 2002
Umm it's your lighting.

https://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/204945/product.web

Get that.. or something like it.. If you don't your bubble tip will die :) And as far as live rock goes.. I'd prolly get alot more if I were you.. But it's your tank so it's a personal choice.. Everything will be fine like that.

The added benifit of having more LR is that if you have multiple levels of rock, your bubble tip can move up and down the pile to find a spot it likes the most.. if you have just a small amount, the bubble can only get so high.. And then there is the added filtration and such which goes with more live rock.

Hrmm. Interesting fish stock you have.. Damsils, Tangs.. lol how do they get along? :)

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store