Thinking of getting a bristlenose pleco for my 55 gallon

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
Hi guys. :grinyes:

So yeah, ive been thinking about getting a bristlenose pleco recently and thought maybe if you guys know which bristlenose pleco i should get;i would want a bristlenose pleco that grows only 4 inches or 4 and a half inches. I dont exactly know which bnp grows to that length. I thought maybe you guys know and tell me which grows only to that point? I might buy it online since it's quite diffficult to find bnp's around where im at.

Thank you all

Sandman333

AC Members
Sep 26, 2007
Central Florida
Both the albino and regular variety grow to about that length. There are usually a couple BNP breeders in the classifieds here, if you're lucky one of them may be local.
What else do you have in the tank?

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
do these go ok with sevrums and firemouths?
I live in Montana, would live to have one that did not grow big either.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
do these go ok with sevrums and firemouths?
I live in Montana, would live to have one that did not grow big either.
They will be fine with the severums and firemouths assuming these cichlids do not spawn.

jones57742

AC Members
Mar 18, 2006
San Angelo, TX
hakunamakarla:

Do not have a clue about BN's and those cichlids but I do not think that I would try that one.

NeonFlux:

Sandman333 comments and questions "are right smooth on".

I am growing 7 BN's and their tank is virtually spotless with respect to algae and detritus on the bottom of the tank. (The Crystal Red Shrimp do not function near as well as the BN's)

TR

Hooked Newbie

Today will be yesterday tomorrow
May 25, 2007
Georgia
Real Name
Len
Shameless plug for great fish...

Check out Pinkertd's BNs in the classifieds. I have 3 from her and they are awesome and have the most personality of any plecs I've ever had.

NeonFlux

Water agent
Oct 16, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Real Name
William
I have seen a blue metallic color bristlenose plec one time online,it looked awesome. I think this was it. I'm simply amazed by it's beautiful color. i really want one that looks like this. Even if it's expensive. i'd go for it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store