$75 8 Gallon Biocube, Good Deal and Quaity?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

rindotheraven

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
I was at a pet store when i saw a 8 gallon biocube on sale for 75 bucks. Its brand new in the box still, i just didn't know if it was a good deal, and also what the quality was on the biocubes and if people have had good experences with them. also the lights it comes with "Coralife 10,000K 18Watt Compact Fluorescent lamps" what kind of corals can i keep with that? pretty much everything or is there a limit to it. THanks

severum mama

is a big bowl of wrong.
Dec 30, 2006
North GA
That's an excellent deal- mine was $150 locally, and most of the online retailers are around that as well.

As far as coral, you'd have enough light to keep zoo's (same as zoanthids) and/or paly's, leathers (although they will outgrow your tank eventually), mushrooms, and also some lps corals like frogspawn, candy cane, bubble, etc.

I just moved my 5.5 gal nano into my Biocube last week, so I don't have a ton of stuff yet, but you can click in my sig to check it out.:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store