White Faced tang doing very well in QT.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
I have had a White Face Tang in Hypo QT for 2 weeks and he is doing very well. He had a bad case of ich and I wasn't sure if he was going to make it.

I was in a Petco getting some frozen food and as usual, I was looking at the SW fish. There was a tank that had 2 White face Tangs and both had ich. I asked the guy how long they had been there and he said about a week. I then asked if they were eating which his reply was no. I told him I wanted to get the smaller one that looked the worst and he asked why I wanted to buy a sick fish and I told him I had a spare QT tank and wanted to try to save him.

Anyway, I brought the poor little guy home and had the QT setup within an hour. I dropped the SG to 1.009 in the next 12 hours and he started to perk up a bit but still wouldn't eat for a couple days. I put in a clip with some Nori that he started to peck at on occasion and then would take pellets and frozen mysid.

2 weeks later, there are no signs of ich and he begs like a dog for food. I alternate Formula 1&2 pellet soaked in garlic and frozen mysid with Metranidizole and Focus. His coloring has come back and is no longer shy. I plan too keep him in hypo for 2 more weeks and then let someone in the local club with a larger tank than mine take hime.

I would really love to keep him but with just a 75g and a Tomini Tang, I doubt it would work out.

I never could get any pics when he was in bad shape as he was hiding so much but now he almost poses for the camera.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
Beautiful fish. Great job rescuing the guy. I would use that as an excuse to get a bigger tank haha.

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
I'm still waiting for a cheap, used 6 foot tank to come along. I wanted to build a 7ft tank but after checking with some glass companies, it was going to be too much right now. I missed out on a 6 foot RR tank for $200 less than a month a ago by 3 hours. Grrrrrrrr!!

Beautiful fish. Great job rescuing the guy. I would use that as an excuse to get a bigger tank haha.

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
Wow So the QT works? haha I got my Coral beauty in one for ickh. Lets hope it works out for him Your fish is pretty!

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
I understand that.. Just dont wanna do it
Haha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store