Tank Progression January 2007 - January 2008

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Here is how my tank has developed over the past 12 months. Photos are in sequence to the below info.

Comments/suggestions welcome as always folks

January 2007 - note my beautiful aquascaping :D tufa rock and plastic plants, crushed coral substrate, no background. No fish in here either, thank gawd.

February 2007 - slightly better but a bit robotic ('OK I want all the rocks in the middle and the plants to one side...just like nature'). Background greatly helps - made with A3 Design Mounting Boards sellotaped together and cut to size propped up behind the tank. Very effective.

March 2007 - beginning to understand the rule of thirds/asymmetry but still just getting there

April 2007 - began to quite like the set up around now

May 2007 - Rearranging the 'orrible plastic plants and everything is beginning to get dirty and more natural looking.

June 2007 - Black background & Bubble Wall - background was a keeper, bubble wall too noisy for my other half. I left it in but only turn it on occasionally just to circulate behind the rocks.

January 2008 - changed lighting; using a white light and a pink spectrum type light. The effect is excellent in real life but does not look so good in pics taken with my low tech camera. Also have now removed all plastic plants. Overall effect is better - the black background and plain rockwork coupled with the light really pop the fish out.

Full Tank First Shot.jpg February 2007 Water Cleared.jpg Full Tank March 2007.jpg Full Tank April 2007.jpg Full Tank May 2007.jpg Full Tank June 2007 - Black Background and Bubble Wall.jpg Full Tank January 2008.jpg

Damien37

I am a GUITAR HERO.
Jan 13, 2008
Bristol,CT
Awesome Progress bro.:headbang2:

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
I remember when you started this tank. It was just before I joined. I agree that the background and rocks really make the colors of the fish pop.

Q

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Great progress!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
I like them all Coler! Well....maybe not the cloudy one!:) The last picture is my favorite, nice work!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store