Are any plants safe?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Kreper3

Uegistered Rser
May 7, 2007
Besides plastic, (and even then I'm not sure...), are there any plants that cichlids wont nip to peices?:confused:

thanks in advance
krep

55gal/29gal
africans
pleco
blue craw

TheFanatic

AC Members
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
Depends on the fish. I've got some yellow labs, Auratus, and Kenyii in a tank with amazon swords and they don't mess with them. I also have some Jungle vals and some java fern.

Java fern is probably the best for this as it is extremely hardy and can be strategically placed on any wood or rock with a rubber band..

TravisLovett

AC Members
Dec 2, 2005
Ellijay, Ga
Some South American/ Central American cichlids dont mess with plants. I cant give you specifics though.

ChunkyMonkey

Goin' broke, tank by tank
Aug 6, 2007
San Antonio, Tx
www.mazdafreak.com
In my 100gal, I currently have some JD's, Convicts, Yellow Lab, Acei, Jewel, Bumblebee, Yellow Peacock, Cobalt Blue, and Demasoni. I've been successful with a couple Sword plants over these past 6 months. I made a mistake of going out one day and buying about 120 in plants(without reading), and it turned out to be a salad buffet. My experience has been plants that are bigger than their mouths, lol. I'm also limited though to low light plants due to my crappy stock hoods.

Best of luck. Post pics as you go!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store