she is holding again. . .

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
that's right! my beautiful snow white socolofi is holding again! unfortunately i don't have the 75gal ready yet so she is terrorizing my other fish. after two weeks if she is still holding i am going to try and strip the eggs. any advice on best method of doing that? i got that you hold her and have only her head in the water pointed down into the fry net, but after that i'm clueless as what to do. . . ?

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
i'm such a terrible person! she was attacking all of my fish so i put her in a breeder net and she was attacking that, so i stripped the eggs just now! i got 4 yellow tear shaped things now in my breeder net. will they hatch since they are no longer with their mother?

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
". . . you will need to raise the eggs in a tumbler, otherwise they will succumb to egg rot."

what is a tumbler?

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
alright. idk wut happened, but the eggs are gone. . . if i put the female in a breeder net can she survive?

kmail5776

SR20 Powered
Nov 28, 2005
alright. idk wut happened, but the eggs are gone. . . if i put the female in a breeder net can she survive?
I learned from my cichlid club that if you leave the eggs in a breeder net in the tank with the fish, that the fish will actually suck the eggs thru the net. Sorry for your loss.

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
seriously?!?! that's crazy! dang! that so sucks! since she only released 4 she still probably is holding some right?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store