What else to add with my yellow labs, rusties, and 1 jewel in my 55g

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

vanpudin

AC Members
Mar 17, 2007
I've been reading other threads on capatabilities, so i guess i'll ask questions myself. Right now i have 8 fish. I also have 1 acei not mentioned on title. There all still on the small side. I would love to add some saulsoi ( If i've spelled it right). Saulsoi seem to be harder to find; i was told it may be because of pricing. I had a kenyi intill recently as it had a fungas i caught too late. I like fish less aggresive if possible than kenyi. I have since got my water treated and under control.
Would some socolofi be a good fit. Are they less agressive than kenyi? I know any fish may have its own temperment though. I dont want to over stock yet to keep aggresion down intill i upgrade my filtration. I was thinking i could add a 2nd small powerfilter rated about 20-30 gals to help while keeping cost down. .I'm using a whisper 60 now with also extra airation.
What else would be a good fit with these fish? I like the male/female coloration of the saulsoi, plus they dont get too big. I'll like to look for ones though that are somewhat common. My jewel seems fine even though it's from a diff. lake. I guess it's tank requirments may be alittle diff.
I'll check later in the day to see the responces thanks.

Last edited:

vanpudin

AC Members
Mar 17, 2007
How about an ice blue zebra? Would a few be fine with my other fish? How do they compare to kenyi's or socolofi with aggression. Thanks.

elementkid65

gill-less
Jul 3, 2007
where ever i am
mature zebras are agressive males or females
from personal experience

i would just add more of each type you have

vanpudin

AC Members
Mar 17, 2007
Yea, i would like more africans of diff. colour. I love my rustys and labs though. May have to wait though on more. Just posted thread about possible fungas on a fish.
I would still love more opinions though. Thanks.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
not sure how many of each you have, but in a 55 you can definitely have a couple more groups of mbuna (1 male w 3 female or so)...some pseudotropheus socolofi would be nice. the zebras would be likely more aggressive but there's no reason why they would pick on the labs or rusties, who are nice and peaceful. kenyis are pretty aggressive little fish generally but you don't currently have any blue fish so you could try any of these.

The saulosi would be lovely but the female colours clash with your labs - I've not kept them so lets see if others have some experience of them.

other options - Ps. Acei are lovely and relatively non-aggressive coming in two nice colourations, Ps. Socolofi also comes in a nice albino colouration, if you like that kind of thing.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
no prob & welcome :)

yeppers - havn't seen them even over here in ages.

here btw is a useful site; all the profiles in one place, and some suggested stocking plans : www.cichlidforum.com

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store