Nerite snails..

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

flyte

^ has crabs
Oct 29, 2004
PA
Hi guys:)

I have a silly question, I need to call my local fish store to see if they have any Nerite snails. I'm not sure how to pronounce it and don't want to sound like a total idiot, lol!

Is it Nee- rite? Or Neh- rite?

Thanks!

- Sarah the idiot

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
Thats actually a good question. I dont even know the proper way to say it. Is like Astrea snail. I have heard it said so many different ways. Its not a big deal.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
tack on a 3rd "Goby" ive heard

gob * ie

&
go* be

I think its a$$*tree*ah and knee*rite, but uncertain.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Thats the way I pronounce them as well SHK_ATK but since there isn't a saltwater dictionary with a pronounce button I guess we'll have to ahem.. guess ;)

flyte

^ has crabs
Oct 29, 2004
PA
Thanks guys.. I've got enough going against me what with being a female with blonde streaks.. I like to sound as smart as I can :)

- Sarah

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
Thanks guys.. I've got enough going against me what with being a female with blonde streaks.. I like to sound as smart as I can :)

- Sarah
Dont say that! You shouldnt care what people think about you! If they are that judgemental then they are not worth your time IMO.

JohnLin

AC Members
Dec 1, 2007
Madison, WI
Maybe we should have a sticky for commonly mis-prounced words in the aquaria hobby (both fresh and saltwater).
My pet peeve is still the word cichlid.
Still can't believe how many people say it wrong.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store