Looking for Colorful Cichlid Species to Add to Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

knep57

AC Members
Jan 13, 2008
Illinois
I have a 75 gallon tank with a Kribensis, a Senegal Bichir, an Elephant Nose, an Angelfish, and a Striped Peacock Eel in it along with a Rainbow Shark, and a possibly two Dwarf Gouramis. The Kribensis is also an if. Could I add more cichlids to the tank or would this be a bad idea? Are there any compatible species? What is the most colorful/prettiest species I could safely add to the tank? Thanks for any info!
-John

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
How large are all these fish? I'd consider removing the kribensis before the bichir makes an opportunity to eat it. You'll never know. Depending on the size of the angels, you could add 3 more but keep a watch as the new ones will be considered as intruders. As far as the rainbow shark is concerned, your bichir will try to eat it as well. None of the tanks listed in your signature can accommodate it. Best to return it to your lfs.

Your signature needs updating if you have the 75g.:)

elementkid65

gill-less
Jul 3, 2007
where ever i am
lupin got a new avatar :)

when are you getting the 75?
no kribenesis
bichir and eel will be fine with angel
dont know anything about elephant nose.

upgrade NOW :) lol
but seriously a 10g is soo small

knep57

AC Members
Jan 13, 2008
Illinois
How large are all these fish? I'd consider removing the kribensis before the bichir makes an opportunity to eat it. You'll never know. Depending on the size of the angels, you could add 3 more but keep a watch as the new ones will be considered as intruders. As far as the rainbow shark is concerned, your bichir will try to eat it as well. None of the tanks listed in your signature can accommodate it. Best to return it to your lfs.

Your signature needs updating if you have the 75g.:)

The eel, bichir, and elephant nose are 6 inches long. The angelfish, krib, rainbow shark, and dwarf gouramis are all 2-3 inches long.

I don't actually have the tank yet, but I just thought I'd get more posts if I said I did. I get it tomorrow :D.

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
The eel, bichir, and elephant nose are 6 inches long. The angelfish, krib, rainbow shark, and dwarf gouramis are all 2-3 inches long.

I don't actually have the tank yet, but I just thought I'd get more posts if I said I did. :p.
:lol:

knep57

AC Members
Jan 13, 2008
Illinois
Oh and I'll return the Rainbow Shark to my LPS, even though I didn't buy him there, hopefully they'll take him.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store