Maroon Clown and BTA story

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DansMarineTank

This ship is England!
Dec 13, 2004
Ipswich (UK)
Hi Guys,

Been a member for some time (3-4 years) and recently gave up my Percula Clowns in a bid to raise the fry of maroon clowns.

about my tank: I have a 125 litre tank thats been running for 4 years with loads of live rock (i just seem to buy more everytime i head to the LFS) about 2" of live sand a TMC V2 Skim 400 skimmer run by a rio 2100 (this gives me 16x turnover rate)

for lighting i have a 150Watt halide with a 20K bulb and 2 x 24 watt T5 10k's (around 6.5 watts per gallon)

In the tank i have:

30-40 Hermits
15 Nas Snails
1 serpant star

2 large colonys of Button Polyps
1 Large Colony of Star Polyps
2 Colonys of Mushooms corals not sure of the species

So i head out on my quest to find the Ideal maroons, i ordered some form my LFS but on two occasions they were DOA before i even visited the shop to check them out! needless to say i did not contiue down this path instead i purchased a wonderful female maroon that had been in a fish shop (that i trust) for a little over a year and she looked wonderfull. I grabbed her and a BTA. acclimatised them for six hours each, and let them free lights out for the evening. when i woke i was able to take this pic...

She wont leave the BTA unless she sees some food !

Anyways now i have a quest for a juve/male maroon ... i'll keep you posted

Dan

DSC_04780001.JPG

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I want your camera. What a fantastic shot. I'd enter that one in POTM

Angel 0249

AC Members
Feb 25, 2007
UK
Wow that is a fantastic shot.
What camara are you using?

vcyr

AC Members
Feb 4, 2007
San Antonio, Texas
Beautiful fish! I hope you find a mate for it, and you really should enter that pic in the POTM!

I am currently trying to decide between a pair of perculas or a pair of maroons. I am really starting to lean more toward the maroons, expecially after seeing yours.

Verna

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
I dont know if its my work computer but that isnt a good pic. It is all blotchy so ya. I'll check it when I get home again.

jagr200

AC Members
Oct 3, 2007
America
I dont know if its my work computer but that isnt a good pic. It is all blotchy so ya. I'll check it when I get home again.
It was my work comp. I am looking at it on my laptop and it looks great. Although Im not the biggest fan of maroons this looks good.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store