Scavenger suggestion?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

1wizz

AC Members
Jul 1, 2005
Edge of the New Forest, Hampshire UK
Real Name
David
Camera Used
Mobile phone P30
Hi all,
What would you suggest is/are the best scavenger / clean up crew for eating what gets in and around the rock work.
I have a few hermits, maybe 6 blue and 2 red legs and some snails but the hermits target the snails for their shells no matter how many spare homes i put in. the new ceriths didn't last very long at all.
I have a 350 litre corner tank with suspended live rock but would like something to clean underneath the rock (bare bottom no sand)
I was thinking a brittle star or a blue linckia but i don't want to lose any stock to a wrongly brought brittle or see a linckia starve as i hear their survival rate is poor.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
If you go the brittle star, try and get a black one and not a green one. My neighbor has both, the black one never really grew, but is still alive after 4 years.. the green brittle star on the other hand, was the same size as the black on when bought.. but now when you take him out and measure tip to tip it is 14" with a body the size of a silver dollar.

I have heard the same about the linckia stars and everytime I have seen one in a LFS they don't seem to do well, and lose legs easily. I have never wanted to buy one because they seem too fragile.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store