Please help me stock

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bhalbeis

AC Members
Jan 11, 2008
I bought my daughter an Eclipse 12 for Xmas and it got me hooked. I am currently cycling a 65g and would like to get some nice "daddy fish". I was originally thinking about an oscar but I think I will pass as I would like to have more than 1 fish. I really like Green Terrors and Jack Dempsey's. What would be a nicely stocked tank with either GT's or a JD? I would like to have at least 4 or 5 fish. A pl*co will be an occupant as well. I am totally open to suggestions...I am not completely sure about the GT and JD (I just find them fascinating). In the tank I have 2 inches of gravel, sparsley planted fake plants and a couple pieces of large bog and driftwood. I like the mbuna theme too but I dont think the tank set-up is ideal. Are there colorful cichlids around that will be compatible with GT's. Is it ok to have at least 2 GT's in a tank of this size? I believe I have plenty of filtration (Cascade 1000canister). Just want a really nice cichlid tank but with fish that a fairly aggressive and not too small (therefore the GT or JD). Please add any info or what your perfect set-up would be with a tank of similar proportions. Thanks in advance.

TheFanatic

AC Members
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
GT's are amazing. I once had a nice setup with a big male and 3 fems for him to breed with. Make sure you get the ones with the orange edging on their fins. The ones with white edging are more aggressive and less colorful.

Sounds like you have a great setup for GT's. Maybe a gold Sev to balance out the green?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store