krib won't eat.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

trashion

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
so i bought a male kribensis about 4 days ago. settled into my tank fine. he's there now, but i'm having some issues with him. namely, he won't eat any of the food i offer him!

the tank is 15 gallons with an aquaclear 30, other inhabitants are 4 amano shrimp (soon to be rehomed, he made a snack out of the 5th!) planted with 55 watts of PC light and pressurized CO2. i moved the tank back to school today, and he's been out of his hiding places and exploring much more, and he's colored up beautifully.

i tried dropping frozen bloodworms by him, flakes, mini cichlid pellets, even algae wafers, but he's not having any of it. a flake floated past his cave and he nabbed it, then spewed it out again. he's obviously hungry, as he keeps scooping substrate into his mouth and then spitting it out, all over the tank. and he did kill and eat my smallest shrimp a few days ago (i found a leg in his cave and no sign of the shrimp)

so what gives? how can i get this guy to eat?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Might want to try garlic extract laced on food to make him stimulate his appetite. Increasing the temperature can also increase his appetite.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store