clown fish not eatting help!!!!!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

steve88_55

AC Members
Sep 2, 2007
my clown fish is not eating i mover him to a qt tank
salinaty 1.23
ph 8.3
amm 0
nitrite 0
nitrat 0-10

y is he not eating is there anything i can do any medication i need to give hime i was thinking of trying the instant ocean life gard pills for 5 day any other idean plzzz help!!

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
How long have you had the clown fish, is he exhibiting any other symptoms such as lethargy, spots etc. If you haven't had him that long how did you acclimate him to your tank?

More information is needed. Just because he isn't eating doesn't warrant moving him to a QT tank.

steve88_55

AC Members
Sep 2, 2007
lol im not feeding only flakes i feed froze and fresh food and ive had him for 3 weeks he was eating for the fist week and a half then he started to have **** hanging off of him and soo after he stoped eating..
also i dripper water into the bag when i got him for 1.5 hours untill salinaty and ph and temp were and exact mach to that of the tank

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Ok so my initial suspicions weren't correct. Can you snap a couple of photos of him and post them in this thread? You said there was something hanging off him and a picture would help in trying to identify what might be possibly wrong.

steve88_55

AC Members
Sep 2, 2007
since i mover him th poo has fallen off but he is still not eating you can see his bones and it almost seems like theres a little hole in his head just one

Pallen81

TheSunCoralTamer
Jun 20, 2006
Lawrenceville, NJ
www.mygodmusic.com
if he had things "hanging off of him", moving him to a QT tank does sound like a good idea. sounds like a possible fungus or something. hard to tell without a picture or better discription of course.

have you tried live brine shrimp? fish seem to always accept that. although its not high in nutrients, it is still food. thats better then nothing.

in my experience a fish that is not eating at all... has either an internal parasite or some other type of illness.

steve88_55

AC Members
Sep 2, 2007
what is a good medication for internal parasite im tryin the lifegarde by instant ocean is this good anyone have anyideas of any good medications.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store