OMG...my boss is actually thinkin about a tank!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Ok, at the place I work there is this wall that separates the bar from the front of the restaurant. It use to separate the smoking from the non-smoking area (bar being smoking). Anyway...I have always said how cool it would be to knock out the top part of the wall and make a fish tank in there. Well, they have now past the no smoking anywhere inside a public building law. I jokingly said how cool it would be to make the fish tank there to him yesterday. He looked at me like I was nuts. Well tonight he walked up to me and said "so this fish tank you were talking about, what did you have in mind"...I was takin back at first as was like well I thought a tank would look nice and draw attention to our place. He was like but were you thinking a FW or a SW?? I said well if you were willing to go SW that would be SWEET!! Although it would be VERY pricey for a tank that size, if not SW how about Jags, Dempsey, Peacock Bass or something like that, or a African Cichlid tank. He is ACTUALLY THINKING ABOUT IT!!! Not sure it would really happen, but he is at least considering it!!! How freaking great is that!!! The area is about 20ft long (or more) and about 5ft tall!

chinnp

In denial of MTS
Mar 24, 2005
You can go FW with the look of SW if you want. My LFS has a tank that I'm constantly topping off with my drool. They use crushed coral substrate and fake corals in the tank as decor so it looks (from just the decor) exactly like a SW tank would look and be decorated. The tank is stocked with Africans. From a distance you see what looks like a SW tank and bright, bright yellow and blue fish swimming around. It is a very cool looking tank.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
All cobalts and red zebras.....WOOT!

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
My boss has an aquarium on our office, and when we move he's going to let me put an aquarium in my new office, and Jinx you need help, say like inverts annon

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
WOOT Lady G... Now you can buy the fish you can't personally afford.. How cool..

KingOfTheDeep

All Hail The King
Nov 2, 2005
New York City
Real Name
Dan
PEACOCK BASS!!!!!....ahem

chucke

AC Members
Oct 19, 2007
York, Pa
Just Go Salt water If he is footing the Bill.

rogers138

AC Members
Apr 6, 2007
San Diego
www.artofbrianrogers.com
Sounds cool! Look for a really good used tank because judging by how much space you have to put it in, you'll need a monster size tank (if you want to fill the entire area). So your boss might be freaked out by the prices for a new tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store