Hotmail attachments

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ROLLIN

fanta fanta, do you want a fanta?
Dec 4, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
Earlier today, I emailed a person on kijiji (good Canadian classifieds site) about a TV they had for sale. In my email, I asked if they had a picture of the TV. When the lady replied back, she said she didn't know how to add attachments. However, there were two attachments in the email. I didn't open the attachments, and I deleted the email. I am worried that it may have been a virus that attached itself, and that I might have it now. I emailed the lady again to see if she tried to send attachments but have not received a reply yet. So far I have ran AVG, Spybot and Ad-aware, and none of them found anything. I also sent a few test emails to friends, and one was normal size (2kb) with no attachements, the other one also had no attachments but she said it didn't say the size. She says sometimes hers doesn't. I don't know if they really don't or if she just doesn't know what she is doing. Anyway, I guess my question is, has anyone heard of any new hotmail viruses out lately that attach themselves?

Edited to add: I also sent an email to myself which was clean, and then sent one with an attachment to myself, and when I downloaded the attachment it was also clean.

Last edited:

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Sometimes when people send emails, they do have header attachments on them in form of small text files. This is done for compatibility reasons..Its the same with any attachment, if you are suspect and the source is not a trusted one, dont open them..You certainly did the right thing..

Have done a check on the latest virus threats and there are none at the moment which are effecting the hotmail service itself, only a couple over the last month or so which have been transmitted via MSN Messenger..

I would not be overly concerned..

Niko

Last edited:

ROLLIN

fanta fanta, do you want a fanta?
Dec 4, 2001
New Brunswick, Canada
Ok, thanks alot. Hopefully I'll get a reply from her later today and find out that it really was her trying to send something anyway.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
If you don't know the sender and what the attachment is...don't open it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store