nitrate filter

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

anthony byrne

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
hi has any one out there got a aquarapure nitrate filter .if so what do you think of it .AND how often do you feed it and how low is your nitrates at thanks :headshake2: :headshake2: :headshake2:

Reddog80p

Permanently Dechlor'd
Nov 18, 2006
My nitrate filter is a python and 10 minutes of my time :)

barnsaw

AC Members
Oct 23, 2007
Windsor ON
I have to dose nitrate INTO my tanks for my plants because they suck up the nitrates so quick. So I third, fourth or fifth plants and WCs.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Good options for removing nitrates are fast-growing stem plants like Hygrophila or anacharis. Their growth, like all plants, is largely dependent on the amount of light available, however. If you're seriously looking into a denitrating filter, do a search for "coil denitrator". Its a type of filter that grows anaerobic bacteria to promote denitrification. However in most cases, plants and/or water changes are a far easier option.

anthony byrne

AC Members
Jan 1, 2008
i have a dentor filter but can never get nitrate to stay much lower then 30ppm i allso have sume plants not sure of names

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store