White Cloud Minnows are the same as White Cloud Danios, correct?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ThePBM

Rich Hobo
Jul 30, 2007
Hawaii / Wisconsin
yes they are the same.
stores either mark them as danios because that's what their ordering book tells them, or because that allows them to charge the same price as other danios for them.
everyone knows minnows are cheap, danios sounds more expensive.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
yes they are the same.
stores either mark them as danios because that's what their ordering book tells them, or because that allows them to charge the same price as other danios for them.
everyone knows minnows are cheap, danios sounds more expensive.
Depends which danios you are talking about. Zebras and leopards are very easy to breed and cheap as the white clouds. White clouds are closely related to danios.

FAcT_oR_FiCTiON

AC Members
Nov 16, 2007
thanks guys. im adding 2 more white clouds to my other 2 white clouds. i could use another 2 or 3 small fish after that. any suggestions on single fish (non-community) or a nice pair, with one loner? i've got no heater, and i'm trying to keep the tank coldwater at around 65-70 degrees (F). Thanks again, really appreciate your help.

ThePBM

Rich Hobo
Jul 30, 2007
Hawaii / Wisconsin
Depends which danios you are talking about. Zebras and leopards are very easy to breed and cheap as the white clouds. White clouds are closely related to danios.
the baseline i'm going off of is that "white cloud minnows" go for 10 cents at one shop, while "white cloud danios" go for $.99 up the street at petcosmartland.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store