good angelfish tankmates

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

angelfish123

AC Members
Feb 24, 2006
hey, do you guys know of any good tankmates for angelfish. the only really good one i know of is a gourami

babublade

AC Members
Jan 11, 2007
im no expert but i have two with various tetras, a keyhole cichlid ,bristlenose plecs and corys oh and two female guppies. almost forgot my hoplo, not had any probs.

Lou

AC Members
Jul 1, 2003
New York
Visit site
I have 7 in a 90 gallon tank that live with german rams, bolivian rams, bn plecos, olive nerite snails and rummy nose tetras. There was even a single male krib in there until he died of old age. Zero problems.

HTH
-Lou

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
with proper precautions..Discus and cardinal tetras(same size as Black neons)
I personally would not add guppies nor Oto's

seandelevan

AC Members
Oct 6, 2007
I have kept Angelfish with all sorts of tetras, gouramis, cherry barbs, platies, swordtails, loaches even red tailed sharks.

Lady Ns

Critter Crazy
Sep 27, 2007
Australia
Real Name
Phae
I usually keep mine with my females bettas, taking the more placid females and avoiding male bettas altogether. Angelfish like the long fins too much on male bettas, and my males usually nip at the angels fins anyways, driving them slowly insane.

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
My angel did not get along w/ my DG. Gouramis can be bigger a PITA than (nonspawning) angels.

I agree - anything that's either decently fast or large enough will generally work (Black neons, Cardinals etc have worked so far, though I won't be too surprised if a Cardinal eventually gets eaten when the angel gets a bit larger).

Draal5

AC Members
Apr 23, 2007
I have kept over the years balla sharks ,black neons, black skirt tetras,glass fish,mollies not by choice (wife and kids thought the tank need more colored fish).
you can keep anything larger than its mouth.

stay away from barbs they are fin nippers

excuzzzeme

Stroke Survivor '05
I have Silver Dollars in with mine. I have 2 Silver Dollars, 4 Angelfish, 2 Julie Cories in a 20H. Late they will get moved to a 55. I have no problems as of yet but also don't have a spawning pair.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store