Green terror not eating

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

hussain

AC Members
Sep 13, 2007
Hi
I got a pair of green terrors 4 days back but hte fish have not been eating anything.I even tried live fish.I am worried because they stomach sizes have started to shrink.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
sorry - missed your post; find out what the store was feeding them & try that; add some crushed garlic to the food as an appetite stimulant.

anything else in the tank that is stressing them ?

nycsicktank

AC Members
Oct 20, 2005
nyc
you should put them in a Qt tank asap.
is it doing white stingy poop?

here was my female with bad shape

after 2-3 weeks

Preeths

AC Members
Jan 15, 2008
I am a green terror fan my self, I understand your frustration... when I bought my green terrors they would not eat anything. The probable cause is that they were being fed something other that what you feed them, hence they do not recognize food. I put them with my Malawi cichlids, and looking at those fish eat, they came to recognize their food.

You can try putting them in a tank of similar sized cichlids. During feeding time put lots of extra food so the green terrors can watch other fish eat and have food left over for them selves. After about half an hour remove all excess food.

Try this process for a few feeding sessions till they learn. This is what actually worked for me. I feed fish tubifex worms, cichlid pellets and flakes. a little bit of each during each feeding session.

let me know if this helpe
you can also see my GT's in the avatar image.

DSC01911.JPG

Last edited:

BadDogsPa

AC Members
May 14, 2007
I Guess I got lucky with my Gt, it ate anything that hit the water from day one.

burcorp

AC Members
Feb 7, 2008
You can try frozen Blood Worms also, get a small cup with some tank water and put a cube in there to desolve. Then poor the thawed BW into the tank. This has been a great feed for me because the BW spread around and give all the fish room to eat. You are always best to ask what the lfs feeds when you get them.

Good luck.

hussain

AC Members
Sep 13, 2007
yeah a few updates
I got tired of pursuing my GT to eat.
i didnt feed it anything for 2 days.
then i tried live blood worms and they ate as if they had never eaten in their lives.
i asked the LFS and he told me that those fish had been taken directly from a pond.
so there was a little problem but now everything is fine
thanks for ur advices friends

jagarundi

Bonafide, 100% Cichlid Lover!!
Oct 6, 2004
When I first got my pair of GT's they ate from day one. Try some frozen beef heart.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store