What do you feed your Angel Fish?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cmartin

Extra tanks - no place to setup :(
Mar 14, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
I have 3 little Angel fish - almost the size of a quarter - who seem to be 'ABSOLUTELY STARVING' all the time.

These little guys act like they have not had a meal in a week - even if they just finished eating.

I have been feeding quality flakes and freeze dried blood worm. They too small for the shrimp pellets I have as they just can't seem to get their mouths open that far.

I was wondering if there was something that I was missing - or are all Angel constantly begging for food?

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
All fish will always beg for food. You have to limit the food you give them or risk letting them get digestive upsets. I feed them almost anything I can drop in the tank.:)

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Most cichlids will constantly beg for food. If just juvies, give them what they can consume in 2-3 minute, twice a day. After that, just daily is more than fine.

ronw007

Breeder
Apr 17, 2007
Woodridge, Illinois
Real Name
Ron
Almost all the Angels that I have will always come up to the front and top of the tank if I come near. This is normal behavior for angels and most chiclids. As long as you are feeding a varied diet of quality foods they should be fine on one or two meals per day. I feed mine various flake foods, frozen brine shrimp and blood worms, various granuales and small pellets and they will also graze on the small Hikari sinking wafers.

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
I feed mine 2 small meals per day one the morning and one at night.
I personally feed angels 2 times as they have similar bodies to Discus , thin and small stomachs.
btw, angel fish are PIGS.. they will beg for food even if they have their stomachs bulging and a mouth full of food. ;)

Last edited:

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
omega one flakes and shrimp pellets, algae pellets, bloodworms, floating cichlid pellets, and if my boyfriend would ever let me 'harvest' from his tank, small guppies. they love guppies.

Lady Ns

Critter Crazy
Sep 27, 2007
Australia
Real Name
Phae
Large cichlid pellets, tropical fish flakes and pellets, betta pellets and flakes, frozen blood worms, freeze dried blood worms, live blood worms, mosquito larvae, gnat larvae, daphnia, small earth worms, occassional moth and the floating pond weed I put in her tank. Gets fed a big meal in the morning if I'm not going to be home until late, but if I'm at home most the day, they get two or three small meals.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store