ok, so I may be ready to tackle co2, need help please

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

grannylvsfish

have you been bad this year ??
Dec 6, 2006
Montana
I found this, its what I see on many tanks here. but it says good up to 20 gallons? so do I put 2 on my 29 gallon tank? and are they very east to use?? if I get this will I have to now up grade lights again? and ferts?? my tank is 29 gallon high. it has java fern, and a wad of java moss. also coming is water lettuce.
no amonia, no nitrites, and seems nitrates are now so low there is no reading.also will I need to change the gravel bottom to florite or something else?

http://www.aquariumguys.com/nutrafinco2.html

Bk718

No Monkey Business
Nov 29, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
2x20w aint that bad for a 29g especially if you plan to keep low light only plants..(would be better if it was 2wpg but still good enough) You can use one of those nutrafin kits, its easy to use and most of the time ppl just get it for the ladder, though some ditch the ladder since some fish get caught in there (ever thought about a diy co2??).. you dont need to switch out gravel. And if you will keep water lettuce make sure it does not get in the way of blocking the low light you already have from getting to the plants below.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I would just use Flourish Excel and skip the co2. I am not a fan of anything besides pressurized.

The plants you have really dont need co2. If you do add co2, your lights will need to be upgraded and you will need to change your plant list, including adding a bunch more faster growers. You will also need to have a dosing regimin for ferts and micronutrients.

grannylvsfish

Dec 6, 2006
Montana
so many conflicting things. I am depleted of nitrates, some say co2, some say ferts, some say no to ferts, and no to co2 as I have wrong plants. gee;s guys I am old and now confused worse LOL! I posted about my low nitrates, accually no nitrates and if I should fert, some said no, do diy, argh ))))))))

grannylvsfish

Dec 6, 2006
Montana
I would just use Flourish Excel and skip the co2. I am not a fan of anything besides pressurized.

The plants you have really dont need co2. If you do add co2, your lights will need to be upgraded and you will need to change your plant list, including adding a bunch more faster growers. You will also need to have a dosing regimin for ferts and micronutrients.
ok, I ordered flourish excel. thanks :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store