Dragon Goby EEL 101~help

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Water>_<Dragon

AC Members
Jul 5, 2007
Middleburg, FL
everything you know i would love to know because i would love to keep these fish and i do know there brackish water fish... and i've heard that there hard to feed

erin14

Canadian, Eh?
Aug 7, 2007
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Did you try googling it first?

Brackmyforte

Oddball Lover
Jan 26, 2008
Stillwater, OK
Are you talking about the Violet Goby Gobioides brousonnetti? They are awesome fish in my opinion! They can be shy, especially if kept separatley. So you don't want to keep them with overly aggressive fish because they won't fight for food. However, these fish tend to be survivors, in my experience, they are good at scavenging food off the bottom. They are a very adaptive brackish water fish. In the wild, some have even been found living in marine strength water. So you shouldn't have to worry much about salinity. I would just go with the requirements of whatever other fish you plan on keeping with them. I would also recomend a large tank to give them plenty of room to swim around. Especially if you're keeping more than one because they will get territorial with one another in tight places:grinyes:
I hope this helps. Feel free to ask any qestions you want. I'm not gonna say I'm an expert. I've just got some experience from keeping these fish for many years.

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
mine looks like the one in the last pic. beautiful spotting. i have found that my largest goby is a male, or so i believe which i have read everywhere that there is no way to tell. well he has a large red bump the size of a pimple and is near where he poops so i asume hes a male, i havnt noticed anything on the other goby so i hoping that the otherone is a female i would love to be the first to breeD dragon goby!

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
I do not believe they belong in marine conditions. How long has he been living that way?

Gangstafish

gangstafish
Dec 10, 2006
long IslandNY
According to some info on Dragon Gobies, They are found in marine water. And since I put him in full marine water he has tripled in size. He doesn,t have a mark or a scratch on him. And like I said before he eats everything. He has been marined for 4months now. My Archers have doubled in size also.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store