Black Convict/Jack Dempsey Pairing Up?????

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

joestyx

I'm Not A Playa I Just Fish A Lot
Jan 24, 2008
Where Legends Are Born, MD
I have a black convict and a jack dempsey in a 55gal with 3 bala sharks..... when i first got the JD the convict would chase it all around the, the JD wasn't really scared of the convict as it was like they were just playing around....Now the two are inseparable, they parade around the everywhere together....My question is this at all common or can these 2 cichlids mate????

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
i don't think they can have hybrids, but i'm not the central american expert so idk. . . that is interesting though. are they the same size about? or is the convict much bigger?

joestyx

Jan 24, 2008
WOW!!!!! that is a wicked lookin' fish

joestyx

Jan 24, 2008
i don't think they can have hybrids, but i'm not the central american expert so idk. . . that is interesting though. are they the same size about? or is the convict much bigger?
the JD is just a tad bit larger than the convict

AquariumNoob13

I AM NOT A N00B!
Aug 27, 2007
Bonita, Ca
oh? how many inches wud u say? and don't convicts tend to stay small?

Ruben Tolon

last of a dying breed
Aug 20, 2000
Miami, FL
they could have fry, but the result wouldn't look as good as either of the parent species. I'd just use the resulting fry as feeders for your larger fish.

syddakyd

AC Members
Jan 7, 2006
did all you guys not see the pic posted

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store