Blue damsel vs clownfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Soccer

AC Members
May 14, 2002
Guelph, Ontario
Visit site
I have a 30g tank nad current occupants are couple turbos, corals and a blue devil damsel. I was thinking of adding a 1" true percula clown. Would these guys fight even if i change the rock work. The damsel is 1.5". Would they be okay. Its just from what i understand these damsels are really aggresive thanx!:cool:

Boogiechillin

It's ok, I confuse my students too.
Oct 26, 2000
Akron, OH, USA
www.trocadero.com
I would expect some fighting, and I would expect the damsel to dominate. It might work with time, but you would need to pay special attention to the tank to break things up if necessary.

aquaman67

AC Members
Sep 29, 2000
Erin, TN
I have a blue devil and I added a much smaller true percula to my tank. They totally ignore each other. Not saying that your's will too, but my blue devil is a very passive.

scott foster

Who?SaidWhat?ToWho?Now.
Aug 11, 2006
barber4aO.B.Gyn.
aquaman67 said:
I have a blue devil and I added a much smaller true percula to my tank. They totally ignore each other. Not saying that your's will too, but my blue devil is a very passive.
same here dude damsel been in there about 2 months. droped percula clown in there yesterday.......most of the time i keep them in the dark. thats what the guy at LFS told me to do at first. but i have had the light on for about 4 hours now and everybody seems happy...btw 20gal also one blue yellow tail damsel about half there size.......so far no GEE-HAA..............TO BAD WE CANT TURN OFF LIGHTS IN THE MIDDLE EAST FOR A FEW DAYS AND MAKE PEACE :cool:

AC Members
Jul 25, 2006
Pa.
I have 3 Damsels in my 75g... Blue Devel, an all yellow one & a black & white stripe one.....None of them bother with the clown.....I think the way he swims scares them....They think they are going to catch what he has :joke: .....I just wish they would leave the Orange Stripe Prawn Goby alone.....Sue

scott foster

Who?SaidWhat?ToWho?Now.
Aug 11, 2006
barber4aO.B.Gyn.
68551 said:
I have 3 Damsels in my 75g... Blue Devel, an all yellow one & a black & white stripe one.....None of them bother with the clown.....I think the way he swims scares them....They think they are going to catch what he has :joke: .....I just wish they would leave the Orange Stripe Prawn Goby alone.....Sue

Hi Sue I hope mine turn out as friendly as yours, but remember my salt water is only a 20gal. I have watching that little clown for about a hour and I gotta tell ya he is the coolest fish I have ever had. Like I have said before he is so cool his last name should be "Hand Luke" nobody under 40 will get that joke. I also gotta tell ya my 12 African cichlids have more :dance2: "soul" :dance2: than the :dance2: "train" :dance2: does.

AC Members
Jul 25, 2006
Pa.
Hi Scott!!! I've got a deal for you....Take my 3 Damsels....It will solve my Orange Stripe Prawn Gobys problem & give me more room in the tank for some more cool stuff!!!! :Angel: ....Sue

MonoSebaelover

Anableps
Apr 20, 2001
Phoenix, AZ
www.shiredalefarm.com
It amazes me how you guys find a thread FOUR YEARS old :)! The Clown and Damsel might work now but especially in a 20g they probably won't work long term since they are in the same family, the fighting/incompatibility will increase with time. Anyway hope this helps and good luck!

scott foster

Who?SaidWhat?ToWho?Now.
Aug 11, 2006
barber4aO.B.Gyn.
68551 said:
Hi Scott!!! I've got a deal for you....Take my 3 Damsels....It will solve my Orange Stripe Prawn Gobys problem & give me more room in the tank for some more cool stuff!!!! :Angel: ....Sue
Thanks for the offer Sue. If my salt water tank was bigger I probally would. But to have my clown in a 20gal. tank with 5 damsels :cool: My clown would probally feel like me and you in the middle of Iran :thud: Again thanks. :idea: Someday soon I hope to get a 125gal. if you still have them then I will pay the shipping............

scott foster

Who?SaidWhat?ToWho?Now.
Aug 11, 2006
barber4aO.B.Gyn.
MonoSebaelover said:
It amazes me how you guys find a thread FOUR YEARS old :)! The Clown and Damsel might work now but especially in a 20g they probably won't work long term since they are in the same family, the fighting/incompatibility will increase with time. Anyway hope this helps and good luck!

Is this thread 4 years old????cripes..........(Well you found it too "MR. KNOW IT ALL :mad:).........If my tank dont work and a GEE-HAA breaks out before I get my big tank the damsels wont go to waste...............I hear they make good cat food ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store