try another Krib?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dilhcic

AC Members
Nov 27, 2006
Hey,
A while ago I posted a thread about my male krib being really aggressive towards my female, well this hasn't stopped. I was wondering what would happen if I added another female krib to the tank, is their a chance he'd pair off with a different female? Or is it more likely that this guy is just down right aggressive and will never pair off?

Also say if I just kept the male by himself, do they actually need a female around to make them want to spawn? If so how would I be able to tell if hes ready to spawn, is there any other signs other than enhanced colours?

What would you do in my situation?:help:

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
Do you have another tank? Try another male or female whichever gender you'll find easy to work with. A spare tank is needed in case bullying occurs. You'll need to separate the fish if bullied severely.

dilhcic

AC Members
Nov 27, 2006
Yeh I have separated them now, i've left the male in the 20g and i've put the female temporarily in a 10g I had up and running on standby.
The male is in far better condition than the female, he is bigger, brighter and much stronger. Say if I get the female back in good condition, and wait until she is as big and strong as the male, is there a chance they might pair up? Or will the male recognise that its the same female and be aggressive?
thanks alot for your time and help by the way!

ESOXLUCIOUSS

AC Members
Nov 19, 2005
Dublin Ireland
Hi,
I always wanted to breed kribs. So i bought two females and a male, after a month two paired and harassed the second female. I brought her back to the fish store before she was killed.
Now i am on the third successful batch of fry since november, i have ran out of fry rearing tanks aswell and guess what, they have done it again..
All u have to do is to provide lots of caves and feed frozen blood worm.. hey presto u have eggs within three weeks.
Now i have the problem of stopping them from rearing fry in the main tank, i have lots of syno's , a few plecs and numerous cories along with angels and firemouths. But the male krib rules the roost..
Hope u have success.
Regards,
Denis

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store