Poorly goldie

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

OrandaRookie

It's not just orandas now
May 21, 2007
UK
Lumpy my oranda has been listless for about 3 days. This is not like him at all, he's the liveliest out of all 5 of my fish. Today I noticed that a part of his wen was swollen and in the past hour it's gone quite red. I've been doing regular water changes to keep the tank as clean as possible for him. My other orandas are their usual selves so I don't think its a water quality issue

Has anyone else experienced anything like this with their goldfish? If so what is it and how can I help the fish?

OrandaRookie

May 21, 2007
UK
I don't believe it! About 2 minutes after posting this, Lumpy perked right up again! Although he still has a swollen lump on his wen, I'm relieved he's swimming and eating once more

THE V

Hiding from my children
Nov 25, 2007
Washington
Real Name
Mr. Incognito
He may have a bacteria infection. Oranda's and all fancy goldfish are very weak genetically due to intensive inbreeding and selection for mutations. You probably should dose him with a some antibiotics and keep an eye on the swelling.

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
He may have a bacteria infection. Oranda's and all fancy goldfish are very weak genetically due to intensive inbreeding and selection for mutations. You probably should dose him with a some antibiotics and keep an eye on the swelling.
What antibiotics are you suggesting?

Orandarookie, could you please post tank size, filtration, water parameters and tank maintenance schedule? Do post some photos of the fish's affected area as well.

OrandaRookie

May 21, 2007
UK
It's ok now. The swelling has just simply vanished. Lumpy is back to his old cheeky self. Still no idea what that was!

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
It's ok now. The swelling has just simply vanished. Lumpy is back to his old cheeky self. Still no idea what that was!
Can you post your tank size and params though?
I had a goldy who had the same problem, I rescued him from a friend.. but he died withint 2 days of getting the lump, and I'd like to see if our params are about the same.

I'm happy that he's doing better for you ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store