My Diamond Goby no likey Clam

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
I have just seen my Goby bury my 3in Maxima Clam. There is a piece of rubble about 5 inches from the clam and the Goby has been digging out from under the rubble and spitting out over the clam. I can no longer see the clam as it is now totally buried under sand.

I am thinking I should retrieve the clam. LOL. I swear....you think you have seen a lot of stuff in this hobby and then something like this happens.

mandy21

THE REEFER GODDESS
May 16, 2006
Ohio
lol never fails to find something new and entertaining in our tanks.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Since your clam is a maxima it probably would do better on the rocks anyway.. Mine is on the sand because it kept moving itself off of the rock. But my sleeper goby doesn't try to bury it, it just takes all the sand surrounding it.. :)

schigara

AC Members
Jan 2, 2005
Memphis, Tn
www.geocities.com
It was up in the rocks but I had to detach it from a large rock to do a FW dip due to pinched mantle. The mantle has been fine for 3 weeks now.

I have uncovered it and set it on a small 4in flat rock so it can attach to it and will set it up about mid way in the tank away from the Sleeper.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store