Jewel question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

erin14

Canadian, Eh?
Aug 7, 2007
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Can ONE Jewel go with my Mbuna? I know they're African and are a pretty tough fish so I thought it would do okay in my tank. There are Yellow labs, a johanni, electric blue, a socoloffi and a cobalt blue but more to come. What do you think...yay or nay? The Jewel I like is about 1.5-2inches big and the biggest fish in my tank right now is about 2.5 so they'd all be about the same size. Thanks.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
nay. even though they are from africa, they do not compare to the aggression of lake cichlids.

erin14

Canadian, Eh?
Aug 7, 2007
Brandon, Manitoba, Canada
Hmmmm...well in the tank at work there are 3 of them in with labs, electric blues and socoloffi and they seem to be doing okay...thats why I was wondering if they would work or not. Also, I've read a few peoples posts on the internet stating that they have jewels with their mbunas and they're doing okay too..but then I read on here that they shouldn't go together.... I don't know...they're so pretty though, its hard to resist. Any other opinions/experiences?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store