My cories are fighting?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Clownloach458

Three years, so litte posts
Nov 23, 2001
Beckley Wva
When I got up today, i saw my three cories chasing eachother, and any other fish that came near them! one cory (looks like) it gave up and went back down to the bottom, while the other two were at the top fighting! the like latched mouths; did all kinds of back flips and stuff! it was really crazy!:( i waz a little worried at this piont, be they all seem to be happy with eachother now. were they just playing:confused: i know this sounds odd! but im quite confused by it too. Anyone know what this is, and what is casuing it most likely?

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
They were playing! I never heard of cories fighting.. ever. a very peacefull catfish. They love to play though.. like sea monkeys :)

Tightdog1

Chinaman Can!
Sep 2, 2002
Clayton/Concord, CA
they wer playing they do that sometimes, cories are very peaceful.

Clownloach458

Nov 23, 2001
Beckley Wva
nope, i didnt do any water changes or anything, last morning i saw them again doing it. but now they have stopped.

electricyellow

AC Members
Dec 13, 2002
Bellevue, NE
this is just a hunch, but if i were you I would be watching out for some eggs. Were they 'clicking' at each other while they were 'fighting'?

yannfulliquet

Hypancistrus Lover
Aug 23, 2002
Hi!
Actually Cory can fight, at least males do!
Several long nose species are known for this, and usually males can't be keep together, otherwise one can end up dead.
I have seen common species males chasing each other, when in courtship, male can swim together and have contcat between each other, it is a bit of an intimidation parade, and the winner will take the female...
Cheers
Yann

Clownloach458

Nov 23, 2001
Beckley Wva
hmmm, Now that i think about it, one was circling a plant, then they would fight above it. i did hear some clicking, but that was from my clown loaches probably

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store