somebody's eating my angelfish's tail!!! HELP

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

04z71steve

Registered Member
Feb 10, 2008
well this is my first post here so hello! :dance2:

what i need help with is the other day me and my girlfriend noticed that the tail on my angelfish has mysteriously disappeared! there is a baby pleco in there and then one other angel fish... so which one is nipping at him !?
what should i do!? :shark:

thanks and hello again!

steve& jess.

---MR.CLEAN---

Ace Ventura Pet Detective
Sep 4, 2007
Ventura CA
Welcome to AC
I dont really think the baby pleco would nip your angels fins so I think its your other angle keep an eye on the tank prob the other angel is very aggressive to his or her tankmates. What is the size of the tank?

dvd_wightman

AC Members
Dec 18, 2006
Springfield, New Jersey
It is probably the other angelfish. Angelfish can be very aggressive toward one another and will attack each other. If that is the case, you are best off separating the two angelfish.

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
im 90% sure its the other angel fish.... maybe there not enough territory?

04z71steve

Registered Member
Feb 10, 2008
hey guys thanks for the responses!

well its a ten gallon tank, moderately planted, steady 80 degrees, they are well fed, never skipped meals.. water is treated... well filtered and oxygenated...

we were told 3 gallons of water per angelfish would suffice so we went ahead with the 10 gallon which is what they said would be okay!

the only thing i can think of is that we need more plants and more rock so there not so territorial..

hope i didn't go wrong here somewhere... :(

Lupin

Registered Member
Sep 21, 2006
Lupin Information Super Highway/Goldfish Informati
thegab.org
Real Name
Paul
The 10g is actually very small for two angelfish. If you intend to keep both, I'd suggest an upgrade to 30-40g.:) Get an API liquid test kit to determine your ammonia, nitrites and nitrates if you have no test kit yet. Chances are your pleco is a common pleco species which is best suited in a tank 75g and over. The bigger the tank, the better depending on the species you have. I'd suggest rehoming all three if you have no plans to upgrade.

Good luck.:)

04z71steve

Registered Member
Feb 10, 2008
The 10g is actually very small for two angelfish. If you intend to keep both, I'd suggest an upgrade to 30-40g.:) Get an API liquid test kit to determine your ammonia, nitrites and nitrates if you have no test kit yet. Chances are your pleco is a common pleco species which is best suited in a tank 75g and over. The bigger the tank, the better depending on the species you have. I'd suggest rehoming all three if you have no plans to upgrade.

Good luck.:)
thanks allot! i'm thinking of just relocating them to my 60 gallon.. for the good of the 3 :) we'll see... its that or find them a bigger tank :)!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store