Honduran RedPoint spawn w/pics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Malefic23

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Charlotte NC
Well.. Thought my HRP had eaten all their eggs. Turns out I have fry after all! After three days of being helpless little wigglers mom's been moving around, I now have free swimming tiny little fish. She's kept the same coloration (dark blue on bottom) the entire time. He's a little faded out, but he takes his turn guarding the fry. We've got about 15 new HRP's brewing in the breeder tank..whoot!

IMG_3076.JPG IMG_3078.jpg IMG_3081.JPG

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice!

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
very nice hrp but they seem to have been bred with a con. my hrp breeding pair have to black what so ever but good luck with the fry!

Malefic23

AC Members
Nov 7, 2006
Charlotte NC
very nice hrp but they seem to have been bred with a con. my hrp breeding pair have to black what so ever but good luck with the fry!

I read there are a couple of variety of HRP out there, possibly I've just got a different variety? These fish have shown zero agression, I got pictures from the breeder for the parents... Identical for two generations. Would'nt hybrids show differences each generation?

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle
yes your right there are different species and i do believe your correct about generation.... still very nice, good luck

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
they are pure hondurans, keeping in mind of course that there isn't yet an established species name for them. at the closest, i can say they are the Rio Monga strain. also these are still quite young, and seem to be losing the black color as time goes by. often the male only shows three black spots instead of stripes while "patrolling" the tank.

Last edited:

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC

do yours look like this?

nano cichlids

Over ran with EBJD fry
Feb 10, 2008
Clarkston MI
Real Name
Kyle