New 10g substrate cylce again???... pix of fish that i have had n owned

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cdubbz

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
So today i did some major changes to my 10g in my room. I changed the substrate from black rocks to sand. I was tired of having two tanks with black rocks so i decided to get some sand i had in the garage from and old tank that was taken down awhile ago. I sprinkled some of the rocks back onto the sand, I thought it was cool... I am planning on putting in a pair of GBRs (German Blue Rams) that i have in my 55 to the 10. Before that I would like to know if i would have to cycle again??? All thats in there is a crab that i had in my 55 and decided to put him in there. If i do have to cylce again I have Ginat Danios that will do it.

well here are some pics of fish that i have n owned.

10g with sand

Hujeta gar

RTS

ANGELS

GBR

Cdubbz

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
how long would a mini cycle last?... the water is cloudy today so i know there is a cycle happening

A. Nonymous

AC Members
Feb 4, 2008
I'd just keep an eye on it. The cloudiness could be caused by dirt from the sand.

Marinemom

AC Members
Apr 8, 2006
What did you do with the old gravel that you removed from the tank.? If you kept it wet with tank water then you could put some of it in an unused ladies stocking and hang it in the tank by the filter intake or by an air stone. This would help seed the new set up and speed up the mini cycle even more. If not well then really the mini cycle should not be long. Maybe just a few days at best.

Marinemom

Cdubbz

AC Members
Dec 27, 2006
I used some of the gravel that was in the tank before and kind of mixed it with the sand.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store