30g brackish tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Cichlidgirl91

AC Members
Feb 8, 2008
Tobaccoville, NC
I can't make up my mind:wall::wall::wall:
I have an empty 30 gallon fish tank and I can't decide if I want to do SW or BW! I have another post in the saltwater section asking about stocking my tank, but I would like to get suggestions on what to put in a 30g brackish tank if I decide to go with that.
So far I would like to keep bumblebee gobies. I also like violet gobies (my previous one got hand-fed:grinyes:) but I know he would probably outgrow the tank.
Any suggestions?

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
If you'd like to keep BBGs, you might as well go freshwater.

For a 30g, Knight gobies, Freshwater blennies, Freshwater/Brackish pipefish, Green spotted puffers, Figure 8 puffers, Orange chromides, and Waspfish come to mind. You could also try Indian mudskippers, which would of course require a half-land setup.

Pufferpunk

AC Members
Mar 22, 2002
Chicago
www.thepufferforum.com
Real Name
Jeni
Only 1 GSP would fit in a 30g. I like the idea of a couple of F8 puffers, a pair of knight gobies & a violet goby.

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
I can't make up my mind:wall::wall::wall:
I have an empty 30 gallon fish tank and I can't decide if I want to do SW or BW! I have another post in the saltwater section asking about stocking my tank, but I would like to get suggestions on what to put in a 30g brackish tank if I decide to go with that.
So far I would like to keep bumblebee gobies. I also like violet gobies (my previous one got hand-fed:grinyes:) but I know he would probably outgrow the tank.
Any suggestions?
SW....SW...SW.........Your feeling sleepy, your mind is drifting to the dark side....your feeling sleepy.....your mind is telling you it "needs" to be a saltwater system.....sleepy....sleepy......sle

*Reefscape starts snoring*

:)

Gangstafish

gangstafish
Dec 10, 2006
long IslandNY
You could put one violet goby in a 30 gallon. They need a sand bottom. My goby is in full marine water. He is huge. He almost killed the other Dragon goby that was in with him so I had to move it to another tank.

gangstafish 190.jpg gangstafish 189.jpg gangstafish 131.jpg

Cichlidgirl91

AC Members
Feb 8, 2008
Tobaccoville, NC
I've heard bumblebee gobies do well with violet gobies. I'm not so sure about the puffers though... Would they be too aggresive?
I have this problem every time I'm planning a tank. I have no problem finding bottom-dwelling fish, but I can't find good "upper" fish!
I think I'll definitely go with the violet goby and maybe turn it into a SW tank w/ clownfish later on!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store