moss ball question

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

syddakyd

AC Members
Jan 7, 2006
i seen some in the store and they were all floating. how would you get one to sink?

and...would things like swordtails bother them (they eat alot of algae which is good though)

syddakyd

AC Members
Jan 7, 2006
yea when i look at pics online...i only see them sinking. this was the first time i have ever seen them in real life and there was about 8....all floating

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
Maybe the store didn't squeeze the air out of them. They should sink with no problem. Even when mine are pearling they stay down. Part of regular maintenance is to give 'em a good few squeezings at water changes to help maintain a round shape and get some of the dirt out of 'em.

Q

Hammy & Waf

fishaholics
Nov 8, 2007
columbus, oh
we saw a couple at the store that were floating, they had them tied with fishing string to a sinker so it looked like they were floating in mid air. ours doesn't float, it gets caught in little currents sometimes. and the swordtail shouldn't bother it, we have a couple platys who eat algae and they don't eat it, they pick stuff out of it though.

syddakyd

AC Members
Jan 7, 2006
yea this had the fishing line and sinker. i bought one for my 10g to see what it does.

it dosent look liek those japenese balls but more like java moss wrapped in a ball. is this possible?

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
If it were java moss, you'd be able to tell. Those two don't look a thing alike.

silentskream

AC Members
May 16, 2004
Florida
how much did it cost? that's a good way to tell the difference between a marimo ball and a java moss ball.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store