long tent anem & porc. puff compatability

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

newbie for life

JD-Boston
Jan 27, 2008
Boston
This is kind of an emergency. I just went to the fish store and did something on a whim... and with little knowledge... Bad bad move on my part. I picked up a porcupine puffer because this thing was soo bad ***. Now I have him home acclimating and not sure if he can go in with my long tent anem. Can i get away with keeping him in there? Will the puffer go after the anem? I really made a mistake here. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Well, they are not supposed to go together, but for a short time I had a porcupine puffer in my reef tank and it never bothered the anemone. Can't same the same about other tank inhabitants though. I ended up bringing him back after a few months.

newbie for life

JD-Boston
Jan 27, 2008
Boston
thankyou. It is a very cool animal. Seems so happy in my tank. Love the eyes. This porc had one crystal blue eye and the other green. Then the eyes turned colors, both are now blue. Love that thing.

SpockthePuffer

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Pittsburgh
They are very cool, just keep in mind that they grow to be 19inches, I don't know what size tank you have but they need at least 120 gallons. They also require a bit of a different diet than other fish, there is a great feeding article for puffers on thepufferforum too :)

newbie for life

JD-Boston
Jan 27, 2008
Boston
awesome thanks for the link. I have a 55 gallon, but i do want to upgrade in the future. This is my first fish tank ever. I am really enjoying this hobby so far. I had a rocky start but its going well now.

Catpicklesdog

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Feb 25, 2007
Telford, UK
Real Name
Alison
It is easily done "buying on a whim" and I know what you mean about their eyes. My LFS had a Porcupine in his shop and I was soooooooo tempted. I was mentally trying to figure out where I coud put a 100 gal tank. I didn't give in to the voice and the puffer stayed where he was!!:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store