I hope I'm not over stocked

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gpaaib

AC Members
Jan 15, 2008
Irvine, California
Ok, so I f i n a l l y stocked my tank over the weekend. All levels looked good so I went for it.

Friday I bought 6 small Metriaclima greshakei Ice Blues from a local Petsmart and they all did great the first 24 hours and still are.

The next day a deal came my way I didn't want to pass up. A guy in the next town over wanted to change his tank from Malawi to Tanganyika so he sold me 19 mixed Mbunas all approximately 5 inches or so long. I've seen them in the LFS for as high as $22.00 each. This guy sold all of them to me for $145.00.

Now I'm thinking that 25 fish may be a lot for a 90g tank, but I'm running a Fluval FX5 as well as a Fluval 405 and I have a lot of rock areas at ther disposal.

I have been monitoring the water steadily since Saturday Morning and the level are all fine.

I understand I will most likely want to perform frequent water changes, but bottom line will 25 fish be ok in a 90g tank? There has been no real aggressive moves, just a short chase here and there.

Thanks!

Gary

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
I think you'll be fine as regards bioload...if it was me I'd have a few more :D to get full advice on compatability though you'd need to tell us exactly what's in the tank

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I agree. With malawis it is generally acceptable to overstock a bit to reduce aggression or have one fish come out as dominant in the tank. But we do need to know exactly what is in the tank first...pics would help if you have troubling with ID.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store