10g paludarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

GOJIRADOR

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
ive got a 10 gallon that im losing interest in so i came up with a unique idea for an aquarium. unfortunatly i could not find sufficient information on the species im interested in so i must ask you guys:headbang2: right now i have 4 happy kuhli loaches, 4 amano shrimp, and alot of mts. i want to turn this into a paludarium with little land and lots of water; here is what i want

4 kuhli loaches
fancy shrimp (including my amanos)
a newt
killi fish

im interested in breeding any of the fish and shrimp if possible. i was worried that a newt would possibly consume the kuhlis and/or shrimp. the tank will be lightly planted with a design where the land will take up very little of the water volume.

GOJIRADOR

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
i suppose i see your points, IF however space wasnt an issue do you think these animals would be compatable?

moonstream

AC Members
Nov 5, 2007
Real Name
Jayne
normally newts arent recomended to be kept with fish, personally I wouldnt do it because newts tend to be slow eaters, and sometimes they will eat the fish. its a risky combo.

GOJIRADOR

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
i thought as much though i have seen kuhlis and newts in the same tank (kuhlis are slow eaters too) i figured even if the newt didnt eat the fish it surely would eat the shrimp

GOJIRADOR

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
i hadnt planned on in depth research until i knew if it is even possible, suggestions? do u think shrimp are at risk with newts?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store