is $2 for a krib a good deal?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Oii

CA/SA CICHLID MAN
Jan 3, 2008
Howell, Michigan
I was just at my LFS and saw a krib in a tank full of africans much bigger than him and he looked terrified. I don't want him but I have the room for him so I'm thinking I should go back and rescue him.

Oii

CA/SA CICHLID MAN
Jan 3, 2008
Howell, Michigan
alright then.. I'll buy him tomorrow if he's still alive. He can have a 10gallon for himself until I can find him a worthy owner or...

I know hes a african but could he make it in my grow out tank with the following fish? He was about 3".

heres my 30gallon grow out stock..
3x 2"carpinte
1x 2"jack dempsey
1x 3"hybrid (looks to be some kind of amphilophus)
1x 3"convict (looks like a hybrid to me)
2x 4"common pleco

also.. How much do these fish usually go for?

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
keep him in the 10g

Oii

CA/SA CICHLID MAN
Jan 3, 2008
Howell, Michigan
I have 3 pelvicachromis sp. "blue fin" kribs already but they are 1" at the most and I don't think they will get much bigger. I just wish I had something else to keep him in but I guess a 10gallon won't hurt.

wataugachicken

The Dancing Banana
Jul 14, 2005
Charlotte, NC
I have 3 pelvicachromis sp. "blue fin" kribs already but they are 1" at the most and I don't think they will get much bigger. I just wish I had something else to keep him in but I guess a 10gallon won't hurt.
goggle "blue fin kribs". all the sites that list a size for your fish will say 3.5-4 inches.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store