Rapids Mini Canister filter : hose change

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Icom

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Iowa
has anyone with this filter changed the crappy flexible hoses out ? And what size did you use,how did you secure the ends so they stayed on and didn't leak ?

decent filter,but the no kink hoses need to go

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
I just bought 2 of these myself. One leaks when turned off.

I my review of these in my blog I also wrote that the kink free hoses are cheap but I haven't tried changing them out yet. The instructions mention 3/8" hose I believe. There are nuts on the inlet and outlet stems for securing them there but nothing came with the filter for securing 3/8 inch hose on the other end... might be OK for a friction fit or maybe a hose clamp will be needed.

Q

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
I replaced one of mine with some Eheim 9/12mm tubing I had lying around. The 9/12mm is actually smaller than the strainer/spraybar, so the tubing went "into" them rather than "over" them.

Pretty good filter for the price, even though the tubing and media setup is stupid.

vampie

AC Members
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Have you tried the 12/16mm? It almost looks like it could be too big for the hose connector.

Icom

AC Members
Jan 2, 2008
Iowa
well I tried some 3/8" I.D. clear tubing. It fits over the fittings on the power head,but there is no way I can get it to fit on the intake/spray bar ends,I tried and tried:wall: and it just doesn't fit on there,it will not go over the ends:confused:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store