Just bought my first clown

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Boltster

AC Members
Dec 4, 2007
In a way, that's not true because in the early 80's I had a Tomato clown. This is my first oscillaris clown. Hope everything goes well because it's probably my last fish. My Yellow Tang and Lemonpeel are going to be closely observed for a while to make sure they don't get too tempermental.

Boltster

AC Members
Dec 4, 2007
I'll try to get some pictures today or tomorrow, if I can figure out how to post them.

My one concern is my Lemonpeel started to badger the clown right away so I cut off the lights, it was about 1/2 hour before that time anyway. I had to work last night so I bought a breeder trap if I need to isolate him for a while. He's okay this morning but only the lunar lights are on. Should get interesting when the dawn-dusk lights kick on and the Lemonpeel awakens.

im_a_tidyman

AC Members
Mar 15, 2007
London UK
if someone moved in upstairs in your house, would you go look? would u giv em a little prod and say "what the hell"

im no expert, but i imagine its just curious. By badger, im thinking swimmin around it, if however, its having a tug with it, then maybe it aint so good.

im_a_tidyman

AC Members
Mar 15, 2007
London UK
opps. my bad, "apparently" the lemonpeel prefers 1 bedroom detached! no neighbours, no lodgers! "make this fish the last of your stocking as he is very territorial due to his small size".

Boltster

AC Members
Dec 4, 2007
As in badger, I mean harass and nip with his pointy mouth. He seems OK if the clown is in the upper right corner, but that's it. He doesn't want him anywhere near the live rock/reef. The clown already has a couple little fins nipped so I have him in a small breeder's net. Hopefully isolation will allow the Lemonpeel to see him and accept the new fish. We'll see.

Boltster

AC Members
Dec 4, 2007
Do you have a QT that you could move the lemonpeel to in order to allow the clown to establish itself and interrupt the angel's sense of territory?

I do have a 10 gal. I use to keep heated RO water mixed with salt for water changes. Do you think moving the lemonpeel for a couple of days might work??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store