The 75gal reef tank cycle has started!!!!!!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

WoodRight

New 75 gal not set up yet.
Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
We just got the RO/DI filter that we were waiting for so we are making water as I type. Here are some pictures of the unit.

RO DI Filter 001.jpg RO DI Filter 002.jpg

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
Do any of you have this setup? They said there was auto shut off on it but I don't see one. Is there something I'm missing?

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Well, I would take a guess that the auto shut off is a float valve you put in your container...but I could be wrong.

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
No you are right. They give you the valve that is piped in to the setup but you have to buy a add on $15 float switch. We didn't realize that and didn't order it.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Depends on how you are stopping it.. If there is a ball value that you shut off, or a float that you have installed in a bucket it will eventually quit producing RO/DI water. What will happen is your DI chamber will fill with water and cause a back pressure that will then have a (I don't know what it is called) thing stop the water input into the system. I use a float valve that I installed on a 5 gallon bucket that when raised all of the way shuts the water from entering the bucket and then creates the back pressure needed.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
No you are right. They give you the valve that is piped in to the setup but you have to buy a add on $15 float switch. We didn't realize that and didn't order it.
Jim is a great guy.. You should be able to call him and he'll get one out by tomorrow for you.

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
OH yeah we have talked to him already when we were thinking of buying it. He did seem very helpful. Yeah will get to it at some point. Right now we both keep checking every few minutes how much water it has made. So I'm not worried aout it overflowing right now. It seems to be making 5gal an hour. So it is making more then 75 gph like it is said to.

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
We have over 100 PSI at the filter so maybe that's it.

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
Just guessing as I don't have any experience myself with an RO unit (I have 2, but never hooked them up), but don't you think the more PSI your pushing through the less "filtered" the water will be? Like the water is going through the filters too fast to not do a proper job?

Again, that in simply a guess, but sounded logical in my head. You may want to see if you can back off your pressure just a touch so your not pegging the valve.

WoodRight

Jan 18, 2008
Watertown,CT
No it's better becouse it pushes harder. They sell other gages that go up to 150PSI if your water pressure is higher then 100PSI.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store