clowns got a divorce!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
i got an anemone for my mated pair of clowns and the female started hosting it and is being super aggressive towards the male when he goes near the anemone...what a materialistic (bleep) :silly: unbelievable...:headshake2: she divorced him and made away with the house :wall:

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I agree.. I got a new male and she beat him up for a while but they are now hosting in the same spot. (my colt coral).. They still just "sniff" at the 'nem but thats ok because its still growing.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Who got the hermit crabs? lol
hahaha good one. took me a second to get. i was thinking of getting a torch coral as well just so the male can have a place to hang out maybe too...i have a perfect spot for one too. i bet the anemone is freaking out too though...within an hour of putting it in the tank the clown was like making love to the thing...i think everything will smooth out though. animals are so amazing...i never knew fish had so much persona until i got into saltwater. i will keep you guys posted. thanks. = )

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
ya my male is getting dark and depressed...even if it looks at the anemone from 2 feet away she comes and attacks him.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
should I try to take the female out for a day? the male shakes and trembles in fright whenever the female starts approaching him.

mcsassy

professional fool
Jan 28, 2008
Ok...I will let it sort itself then. Nature is crazy...they are not TOO far from humans.

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
Yeah the dominance shake as I call it is all to frequent.. My male does the shimmy shake all of the time around my female.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store